Last updated: 13th March 2020
Barker Brooks Creative (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the Barker Brooks Creative website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service.
Information Collection And Use
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you.
Personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Telephone number
We may use the information that you provide to us in the following ways:
- We may use your name, phone number, email address and postal address to provide you with information, you have requested from us, respond to enquiries or requests from you, communicate with you in relation to those enquiries or requests. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interests, namely carrying out activities in the course of our business in response to customer enquiries or requests.
- Where you have entered into a contract with us or we have provided you with services, we may use your name, email address, postal address or phone number to ask for your feedback about the services we have provided to you. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interests, namely evaluating and where necessary improving the quality of our service provision with a view to promoting the success of our business and positive customer relationships.
We may use the information that we automatically collect using technical means through our website to:
- Administer our website and for troubleshooting, testing, research and statistical purposes. We use Google Analytics, a third-party website monitoring tool. Our legal basis for this is our legitimate interests, namely monitoring the use of our software and IT systems, improving our website.
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of our own advertising activity. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interests, namely improving the relevancy of our advertising.
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of our marketing emails. Our email software measures click through rates and email opens. Our legal basis for this use is consent.
Retaining and deleting personal data
Personal data that we process shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for its purpose. We will retain and delete your personal data as follows:
Website Usage Data Contact and Correspondence Purposes = 5 years
Transaction & Financial Records = 7 years
The GDPR gives you rights over how your personal data is processed. You can exercise your rights by contacting us. In this section we have summarised the rights that you have under data protection law. Some of the rights are complex, applying only in certain circumstances and subject to certain exceptions, and in the interests of keeping this policy concise, not all of the details have been included in our summaries. Accordingly, you should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights.
You have the right:
- To object to us processing your personal information for marketing purposes. If you object, we will stop processing your personal information for this purpose. When we collect your data, you can choose whether you wish to receive marketing communications from us. If you wish to stop receiving marketing communications, contact us.
- To access the information we hold about you and certain information about our processing of it and your rights in relation to it.
- In certain circumstances, to obtain erasure of the personal information we hold about you, subject to certain exceptions.
- To rectify of the information we hold about you.
- In certain circumstances, to restrict our processing of your personal information or object to us processing it. If you object, we will stop processing your personal information unless certain exceptions apply.
To exercise any of these rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
We use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use advertisers and advertising networks (including social media) to select and serve relevant adverts to you. These are Google Adwords, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The GDPR requires us to implement appropriate technical measures to protect data. We verify the identity of any individual who requests access to data before granting access. We use Transport Layer Security (TLS, also known as SSL) to encrypt any data you supply to us through our website.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we discover that a child under 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our servers immediately.
Compliance With Laws
We will disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law or subpoena.